I must admit the cooler days are a welcome relief after the sweltering days of summer that we just went through up here in NJ. This is the time of year where the makeup colors change and it’s time for a fresh fall start.
Though I am a woman of a certain age, with three children and a rescue dog, I try to keep things hopping when it comes to feeling, well, feminine. While driving a mini-van and making lunches may not seem like the optimal way to seem sexy, it’s not always about what’s on the outside.
Let me share my seven ways to sexy with you.
1) Wear a vibrant color. I’m an Aries and my power color is red. If you don’t believe in astrology, pick a bright fall color and wear the heck out of it. It doesn’t have to be a shirt. Try an bright orange scarf as an accent around your neck, red jeweled earrings or a hairband in a bright color.
2) Smile. I’m not talking about a cheesy grin. Smile like you’ve got a secret, like you’re on your way to a rendezvous with your favorite fantasy (whoever that might be). Too many people walk around frowning. Stand out with that little Mona Lisa smile on your face.
3) Wear a new scent. No, don’t drench yourself in perfume. Try a body oil, which gives a subtle smell that changes and warms with your body temperature.
4) Make a change. If you don’t wear makeup, pick one item to try, such as a new lip gloss color, a different color eyeshadow or even a new tinted moisturizer. If you’re a makeup maven, try a color that you’ve always wanted to try.
5) Invest in a good bra. I know you’ve heard it a million times but a lot of women walk around wearing the wrong sized bra. I’ll let you in on a secret. A good fitting bra is the basics of feeling and looking good. When you can throw your shoulders back and the gals are supported….nothing like it. Good posture is always sexy.
6) Splurge on expensive tights. I love the cooler weather because I can stock up on tights. I’m a huge fan of Spanx….and not just because of the name.
7) Listen to sexy music. Whatever floats your boat here. Prince, Barry White, Hall and Oates, Fiona Apple….it’s wide open. Pick a playlist that gives you that lovin’ feeling and enjoy!
What are some ways that you give yourself a pick me up? List ‘em in the comments!
You asked: What are some ways that you give yourself a pick me up?
I go shopping for books – I troll for new sexy authors 🙂
I go buy a piece of red velvet cheesecake – It’s a serious addiction! I only buy 1 slice! It so smooth, creamy, decadent, and sexy! Yum!
I find water – I love water and love to be near, on, or around it. It soothes my soul and grounds me.
I make jewelry – The design plays to the creative side in me.
! listen to music – my life always includes music. What I need a break from determines the type of music I listen to.
Ok there you have a short list of some of the things I like to do for fun and relaxation. They reenergize! Wow, I really had to think for a minute about this too! 🙂
Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to share.
Dahlia DeWinters says
I love it Belinda G! My favorite indulgence is that Duet cookie from Panera. And I am also a music person. Thank you for sharing, you’ve given me a few tips to use for myself.
I agree with all of these great tips. I’m a tights girl too!
Dahlia DeWinters says
The tights are key for the colder months. They go with anything, don’t they!