In honor of National Writing Day, I’d like to list ten reasons why I write.
- I can make the ending suit me.
- I enjoy creating characters and worlds for said characters.
- It beats watching bad television.
- It’s exercise for your brain.
- Keeps me sharp and creative.
- I love the written word.
- I am a storyteller.
- Writing challenges me – no matter how much I do it, it is still a process.
- It is both a pleasure and a struggle.
Why do you write? Leave your reason in the comments. Happy National Writing Day! 🙂
Want to continue the chain? List your own ten reasons and link back via the comment section.
Lorraine Nelson says
I write to stay sane! And because I enjoy it. These past few months I’ve been off on medical leave, so writing helps to keep the brain alive. At least the characters talk to me in a language I understand. lol