The Nerdy Girlie posted on her confessions on her blog and encourage others to do the same. So here I go…
1. I am a terrible scheduler and get sidetracked too often, which wastes time. This morning is a prime example of this. I was supposed order groceries online, run updates on the laptop and do three loads of laundry. As it turned out, I was too late (at 9:30 am!!) to schedule grocery pickup for the day, the updates on the laptop, which were supposed to take fifteen minutes, instead took an HOUR AND HALF, and therefore, I only got one load of laundry in. I could have run downstairs during downloading the updates and popped a load of laundry in, but I kept thinking “only five more minutes” over and over. Not to mention that I discovered a chicken literally frozen to the shelf in the deep freeze like it took a trek through Antarctica and didn’t make it. I had to save that one until tomorrow.
2. I feel awkward promoting myself. As an author, self-promotion is almost as important as writing the book. Problem is, I stink at self-promotion. It feels intrusive, annoying and self-serving. I’ve found it very difficult to promote beyond posting the book cover/link a couple of times on Facebook and writing a few blog posts about inspiration etc. It’s hard to find a “happy medium” and one tends to wonder….are people really paying attention?
3. I love lists. Five best movies? Six foods for energy? I love them all. I waste way too much time reading lists. Thing is, I learn a lot from these lists….enough to inspire lists of my own.
4. I have a lot of ideas for blogging…..but I don’t write them down. So when it comes time to actually write, I’m looking at a blank page with my fingers hovering over the keyboard. Or, what I WANT to write is so out there that I’m afraid no one will relate and/or care and I’ll get lots of nasty comments. It’s hard to find a balance. But did order a planner for myself (after having scoured Staples) and I am looking forward to writing down these ideas from now on.
5. Music is my muse. When I get ready to write, whether it be a tender/sexy love scene, a zombie-fighting scene (in my work in progress) or a blog post, I pop on the headphones. Fuel, Train, The Police, the Eighties, Tchaikovsky….whatever is the inspiration at the time, I click that playlist on Google Play. Then, hopefully, off to the races!!
What are some of your blogger confessions?