Today’s post is inspired by the break I was taking to day from writing. As I surveyed new and old music on youtube.com, I realized how many old-time songs (I.e. songs before my time) that I enjoyed. I decided to gather my top five songs of the 60s. So get out your soul beads, your round glasses and your knitted shawls, sit back and enjoy.
5. Stand by Me – Ben E. King
4. House of the Rising Sun, The Animals
3. Sounds of Silence – Simon and Garfunkel
2. Georgia On My Mind – Ray Charles
1. I Heard it Through the Grapevine
Of course, I’m always curious to know what’s your favorite song or songs from the sixties decade. Let me know in the comments!