I had to make a decision between another recipe and this one, and decided on this one because, well, chocolate. This is an easy, one bowl mix that I was able to mix up in less than fifteen minutes. Depending on the type of chocolate you use, this recipe can be a rich semi-sweet fudgy brownie, or a sweeter, more milk chocolate taste.
Whatever chocolate you want to use, enjoy these quick brownies.
9 ounces of chocolate – (the darker the chocolate, the richer the taste) I used semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 ounces of salted butter (1 stick)
1 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
2 large eggs and 1 yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 8 x 8 inch pan. (Or line it with parchment paper
3. Using a glass bowl (microwave safe), melt th butter and chocolate in 30 second shifts. I find that if I cut the butter into tablespoons and use chocolate chips, I only need to do 2-30 second rounds with a stir in-between. When the bowl comes out for the second time, stir, stir, stir….the residual heat will melt the chocolate.
4. Add sugar and stir, stir, stir. Add eggs, yolk and then your flour. Stir the mixture until it is just combine. Do not over mix your batter.
5. Pour this lovely, chocolate-laden batter into your greased pan and back for 25-30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let the brownies cool for at least 30 min, then cut as desired.
I promise, you will love these!!!