It’s cookie recipe day!
If you’re like me, you plan way ahead for any type of party or treat fest because you’ve just GOT to be sure that everything is going to go right.
I worked with my daughter this summer in perfecting her cupcake and frosting recipe so she would have the most lovely cupcakes to take to school for her birthday.
Mind you, I can’t stand everyday cooking, but baking is my thing. I like the fact that it’s fun, short and you get a sweet treat at the end.
Now, I’m giving you this cookie recipe early enough so you have time to experiment with it, mess it up and start again.
3 to 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups (1-lb pkg.) Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- purple food coloring
- 1 tube black decorator gel icing