One of the movies that scared me to death when I was an adult (as you can tell I’m easily scared) was the original Night of the Living Dead.
“They’re going to get you, Barbara!”
Then came The Walking Dead. Great show, but the graphic novel (yeah, adult comic book) was even better. Once they got stuck on the farm for so long, I rather lost interest. However, I will give it another chance on the new season.
All the renewed interest in zombies made me start thinking about a plan, because when it comes to zombies, it’s all about the plan. I even have a board on Pinterest.
Top five things you need to survive a Zombie Attack
1. Dehydrated food. Light and easy to carry. A lot can fit into a large backpack so you aren’t so distracted by looking for supplies, although you should do that also.
2. Water Purifier. Drops work well and you can tuck into a side pocket of your trusty backpack. If bottled water is available, by all means drink that
3. Backpack with first aid kit. There’s no emergency rooms. Treat any cuts and scrapes you get with hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial ointment. Infections can kill.
4. Toilet Paper. For obvious reasons.
5. Weapons. Machete is my number one choice, but there’s value in a good handgun also. However, a machete doesn’t run out of bullets.
Certainly, my list isn’t the end-all and be-all of zombie survival lists, but it’s a pretty good start.
“Don’t you know what’s goin’ on out there? This is no Sunday School picnic!”