I love an easy recipe and this one you can make in the microwave!
8 oz (about 3 cups) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white candy coating or white chocolate chips, to decorate
Gingerbread man cookie cutter
Yield: 12-15 Fudge Skeletons
1. Prepare a 9 x 13 by lining it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray the lining with non-stick cooking spray. Make the paper/foil overhang the pan to use as handles later.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and salt.
3. Microwave the bowl on high for 1 minute, then stir with a spatula. If the chocolate chips are not completely melted, return the bowl to the microwave and heat for another 15-30 seconds, then stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth. It is very important not to burn the chips. Stir, stir, stir, stir!
4. Add the vanilla extract, and stir to mix it in. Scrape the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into a thin, even layer.
5. Let the fudge set at room temperature for 2 hours, or in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until it is firm.
6. Lift it from the pan using the foil as handles, and then use the gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut out body shapes from the fudge. Depending on the size of the cutter, you will probably get about 12-15 men from one batch. You can save the scraps to munch on, or chop them up to use them in cookie or brownie recipes.
7. Melt the white chocolate candy coating or white chocolate chips. Make a paper cone and pour the candy coating into the cone, or alternately, pour it into a zip-top plastic bag and cut off a small corner of the bag to use as a makeshift piping bag. *I use Wilton Royal Icing for this.*
8. Use the melted candy coating (or candy frosting) to decorate your fudge men with bones and skulls so that they look like skeletons.
9. Let the coating set completely, then the Fudge Skeletons are ready to serve.
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.